Wednesday, March 02, 2005

God is soooo good!

Tonight at Sr. Girls club, I decided to speak on how God views us as sheep and He is our Good Shepherd. The Holy Spirit totally steered me in a slightly different direction part-way through the message, and gave me this bold message of salvation for the girls to hear! How powerful His words are....full of life and full of saving truth!

This was my favourite verse that God brought to mind when I was preparing tonight's message:
Isa. 40:11 (NIV) "He tends His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart."

When we hold a baby, where do we hold them?? Close to our heart, all snuggled in and safe. My Lord carries me close to His heart...the center of Himself. What an incredible love. How utterly blessed we are to be privileged enough to experience that love on a daily basis. There is no safer place than in the arms of our Good Shepherd. Nothing can touch us and nothing can bring us down. Praise be to God!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home