Tuesday, December 06, 2005

We are HIS!!!!

A couple of weeks ago, I was reading through Ephesians 2. I had probably read that chapter dozens of times, but never grasped what the Holy Spirit shared with my heart that day! I love the fact that God's Word is so ALIVE and applicable to us, even though it was written thousands of years ago! :)

Eph. 2:12 "...remember that you were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having NO HOPE & WITHOUT GOD in the world."

I understand the fact that our sin separated us from God and that Christ made a way for us to draw near to God. But never before has it struck me that I had no place in God's covenant, because I'm NOT Jewish!!! So, God not only provided us with a chance to be holy from our sin, but also truly adopted us, as we had no place in His family due to our heritage. What a powerful and exciting thought! I LOVE how creative God is, and the fact that He has literally thought of every angle in His provision for us. How can you not worship Him???

Eph. 2:19 "So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are FELLOW CITIZENS with the saints, and are of GOD'S HOUSEHOLD." Praise God!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home